3 Rabbit Band

3 Rabbit Band

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Collecting On The Internet

The internet has turned the collecting world on its head....and I don't particularly like it.

Now i might just sound like an old grump (maybe I am), but finding records and CD's used was much more fun pre-internet. The one thing that I find is that I tend to experiment a lot more with different types and styles of music than I normally would.

The internet takes the fun out of the hunt for me. I like to travel around and find unusual things that I would never have bought in the first place.

If I find an old Capricorn LP or Jazz 45, I am likely to buy it from a thrift store much more casually than say 10-15 years ago. So I buy it and sometimes I am pleasantly surprised on what I was missing. I know that I can find that exact LP or 45 on the internet, but I would have never searched it out to begin with.

Yes I know that ANY LP or 45 can be found within a few weeks of seaching on the internet. And I do buy things on the internet occasionally.

But, it looses something in the process.

Signed, Old grump Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment